Tasks for 9 September 2014
- Redo Kinetics of Au:Lysozyme at 70ºC
- Run Fluorescence of amino acid solutions from Sept. 2
Kinetics of AUNP formation
- Heated a 150 mL of water to 70ºC
- Transferred 0.5 mL 2.5×10-3M HAuCl4 into 5 culture tubes
- Added 167 μL from 250 μM lysozyme stock solution to make [Au:Lysozyme]=30
- Filled up culture tubes to 5 mL total with water
- Covered test tubes with foil
- Placed all 5 test tubes in beaker of water from step 1
- Recorded UV-Vis from 360 to 800 nm every 20 min over a period of 3h
Fresh 250 mM lysozyme solution was made because the protein solution had deteriorated.
- (2.5×10-4M)(0.010 L)(14,300 g/mol)=0.0358 g into 10 mL volumetric flask. Make up to mark with distilled water.