User:Alexander S Mikheyev/Notebook/rotifer alien genes/2010/03/25
|Alien genes||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
SNARF-1 and RED Rotifer Staining
- A. vaga - ~10-20 rotifers per treament
Test 200ul of 1) 1:800 dye dilution
Stock tubes at 50ug - diluted with 9ul of DMSO then diluted to 1:800 with MiliQ pure water
(1) Transfer 3 ml of spring water (pH 4.5-5) to a glass vessel (small glass petri dish or culture tube).
(2) Add 200 µl of 10 mM dye stock. Mix thoroughly. (To make 10 dye stock, resuspend an aliquot containing 50 µg CFDA-SE in 9 µl ultrapure DMSO. Store frozen at –20oC.)) - saved used dye for restaining.
(3) Add healthy, well fed animals to be stained in 200ul total volume (a 1:800 final dilution of dye; 25 µM final concentration)
(4) Incubate at room temperature for 1 hour in a dark location.
(5) Pipette off media in the staining dish and add 200ul filtered spring water. Repeat rinse 3-5 times. Rinsing in the dish with retain most of the adults while eggs and juveniles which do not attach as well may be lost. To retain younger animals or if staining in a glass tube: transfer stained animals to a centrifuge tube; spin to pellet all animals; discard supernatant, taking care to not disrupt the animal pellet; add filtered spring water. Repeat 3-5 times.
(6) Incubate the stained animals for 15 minutes at room temperature in 200ul filtered spring water.
(7) Visualize on fluorescent microscope.
RESULTS Visualized on March 31. Still Alive and Stained.
POST-PCR Clean Up with Ethanol
Test on March 4, 2010 AV PCR product.
(1) For each 10 ul of PCR product, prepare the following mixture in strip-cap tube.
1 ul of 3M sodium acetate (NaOAc) pH 5.2 25 ul chilled absolute ethanol.
(2) Transfer the PCR product (20ul) into the tube containing the mixture. (3) Vortex the tube and then store it at -20 for 30-50 min. (4) Spin for 30 min at maximum speed 14.000 rpm. (5) Rremove the supernatant carefully and don't disturb the pellet. (6) Wash the pellet with 70% ethanol. And spin the tube at maximum speed for 5 min. (7) Remove the supernatant and then dry the pellet – air dry. (8) Resuspend the pellet in 10 ul in sterile water.
Alien Genes New Primer Screen