UCLAiGEM:Notebook/Organization/2015/04/03

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Organization Report.pngMain project page
Next entryResultset next.png


<html>

<h1>April 3, 2015 General Meeting</h1>

<ul>

<li>New general meeting time: Fridays at 4:30-5:30 pm!</li>

<li>OpenWetWare</li>

<ul>
<li>All labwork will be on OWW now</li>
<li>All meeting points must be on OWW before meetings</li>
</ul>

<li>Coordinator meeting times with Sri: Times TBA</li>

<li>Committee updates</li>

<ul>
<li>financial</li>

<ul> <li>2nd SPARK meeting this Thursday</li> <li>campaign will start mid-July</li> </ul>

<li>lab management</li>

<ul> <li>new lab space in Boelter Hall</li> <li>key fob access will be given maybe this quarter, by summer at the latest</li> </ul>

<li>media group</li>

<ul> <li>T-shirt designs have been finalized!</li> </ul>

</ul>

<li>Subproject teams have been decided!</li>

</ul>

<br></br> <table style = "width:100%"> <tr> <td><b>ICA/Genetics</b></td> <td><b>Protein Expression</b></td> <td><b>Honeybee Silk</b></td> <td><b>Materials</b></td> <td><b>Protein Cages</b></td> </tr>

<tr> <td>Olivia</td> <td>Fasih</td> <td>Danny</td> <td>Michael</td> <td>Phillip</td> </tr>

<tr> <td>Vinson</td> <td>Jessica</td> <td>Tristan</td> <td>Jared</td> <td>Anuved</td> </tr>

<tr> <td> </td> <td>Julian</td> <td>Megan</td> <td>Carter</td> <td>Nithin</td> </tr>

<tr> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td>Tyler</td> </tr>

<tr> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td>Elif</td> </tr>


</table>


<h1>Advisor Meeting with Sri</h1>

<ul>

<li>Meeting times with Dr. Yeates</li> <ul> <li>Have the cages team to draft an e-mail</li> <li>a brief proposal</li> <li>ask to set up a time</li> <li>ask to officially join as a co-advisor</li> <li>first impression will be important: we need to know our stuf!!</li> <ul> <li>make sure to do thorough literature search</li> <li>Phillip will be finding review papers to send to the entire team</li> <li>have an idea of what plan our team wants to pursue</li> <li>it's okay if the idea is a bit naive</li> </ul> </ul>


<li>Get all of the team members on Slack</li> <ul> <li>set up subgroups for each team</li> </ul>

<li>working in Sri's Lab</li> <ul> <li>a bit crowded, but there will be 5 undergrads in the lab</li> </ul>

<li>New lab space in Boelter</li> <ul> <li>David is taking care of the IBC paperwork</li> <li>issue: who will be the designated PI for that lab space?</li> <ul> <li>most likely Di Carlo</li> <li>Sri is willing to put his name down, but unsure if he'll be able to, as the space belongs to Engineering</li> <li>David will ask Dr. Seidlits as well</li> </ul> </ul>

<!-- <li>Julian's SRP project</li> <ul> <li>functionalization with albumin binding domain</li> <li>new sequence will be ordered soon</li> </ul> -->


<li>Spark</li> <ul> <li>we'll likely have the support of Biochemistry's educational outreach officer</li> <li>she is currently working on getting champion funding for Neil Garg's campaign</li> </ul>

<li>Lab access</li> <ul> <li>Only Phillip will be gaining key fob access right now (for the old lab space)</li> <li>David will email Stacy saying that a new student is seeking access</li> </ul>


</ul>

</html>