(Redirected from Sodium-acetate)
- Where can this material be obtained?
- A usual stock solution of sodium-acetate is 20%
- sodium acetate (CH3COONa) has a MW of 82.03 g/mol (anhydrous) and 136.08 g/mol as trihydrate
- To prepare 20% sodium acetate solution you need 33.2g Na-acetate trihydrate in 100ml H2O.
- For 500ml 20% Na-acetate add 166g Na-acetate trihydrate to 300ml ddH2O and fill up to 500 ml.
- Solution can be autoclaved.
- Also used for precipitation of nucleic acids at a final concentration of 0.3M (pH 5.2)