MIT Fibers & Polymers Laboratory
The Fibers & Polymers Laboratory was founded at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1966 by Prof. Ioannis V. Yannas, Professor of Polymer Science and Technology. It was the site of discovery for what became known as "artificial skin," the first scaffold with proven regenerative activity. The laboratory is currently affiliated with the Department of Mechanical Engineering at MIT.
We actively investigate:
- the in vivo synthesis of various organs using collagen-based scaffolds as regeneration templates
- imaging of cellular behavior in scaffolds using using novel, non-linear optics
- the relationship between cell-mediated contraction and regeneration in the adult mammal
- influence of scaffold ligand density on cellular function
Visit us at our home page.
- Eric C. Soller 20:43, 9 November 2009 (EST):