Kubke Lab:/Notebook/Cranial nerve development/2010/12/09

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Cranial Nerve Development Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

General Entries

Personal Entries


This morning I used Medline and Google Scholar through the University's proxy server to locate five journal articles relevant to development of the glossopharyngeal nerve. I printed these out and read through four of them during the course of the day. I also read two articles by Kuratani et al (1989,1991).

(Note: Please provide references to those articles and start a Journal Club page for them--MF Kubke 04:44, 20 January 2011 (EST))

I reorganized the lab and cleared more desk-space. I was told that Fabiana and Malisha had looked at my staging of the embryo RC003 and were in agreement that the correct staging was St21 and not 19 as labeled. I observed Malisha place the embryo into the plastic mould and begin the freezing process by placing it in the cryostat. Worthy of mention is that Fabiana left the mould in the cryostat for over an hour prior to cutting, something I had not ensured previously. I observed Fabiana cut embryo RC003. I noticed that she made efforts to trim away as much of the OCT as possible making the resulting slices very small. Considerably smaller then I had sliced during the cutting of embryos RC001 and RC002 which were smaller furthermore than embryos MH001 and MH002. --Reuben Cutfield 22:19, 8 December 2010 (EST)


  • Completed a staging and dissection exercise. It was very difficult to find or see the cranial nerves. The only cell type which was easily identified were the pigmented cells behind the retina.