14 July 2009 Lab Meeting
- Attending: Jessie, Hussam, Ajani, QQ, Jane, MinCheol, Cathie, Alex.
- Missing: Sonali, Brendan, Jaephil,
- Presentation: .
- CATHIE WILL TALK TO HELEN: New clean hood. Install/ cleaning sometime soon.
- Hussam Talk to Irene about moving it. Once it is moved, then we can schedule the bombing. No one will be able to use the lab for 12 hours on one day next week.
† Flu R01
- Do std curve without carrier RNA. Compare with ASB data.
- Integration: Spec? On chip? Jane will look into it.
- QQ will work on the initial integration steps of SPE + RT (resevoir)+ PCR. Cutter plotter? Faunhofer Chip serpentine channel. "QQ Needs to know how to make valves."
- RNA extraction troubleshooting.
- Try clean fabrication of chips and monoliths.
- Try RNAseH wash through.
- A primers look good at this point. Van Elden 2001.
- Jessie should learn SEM.
† Virus concentration (upstream from the assay.)
- QQ - HM - JZ - Chip Integration.
- How to read? Color, sensitivity? Alignment. Check with JD.
† Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project
- IBC for Fraun flu. waiting?
† Agilent Meetings
- With Straws in Parallel at this point.
- Update on concentration of live bugs? MSSA?
- Evap system (JD and JZ)
- Let's get this to a point where we can publish and move on
paper 1: Evap with Sol Gel substrate.
paper 2: Covap with PMA, Rhodamine, PS beads?...virus...?
- Rhodamine experiments done
- Signals are similar between with and without GNP
- Rhodamine binds poorly to gold
- try GNP-pMA next. R6G-silver NP.
- Need to redefine hypothesis
† Biointerfaces group
- fabricated SU-8 mold with Herringbone grooves.
- Brett took a photo of the device for the paper, but will repeat
- Jason coated thin gold on the surface of the PDMS mold, and will take SEM images for the sieves. --->SEM down
- draft paper2 for the submission to "Biophysical Journal" has been started.
- ran the experiment using BSA to prevent non-specific binding.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- IRB in first revision.
- Cathie working on the companion BU IRB form for exemption.
- QQ: PCR 2 paper draft.
- CMK: PCR 1 draft
- on-chip experiment with blank chip without PEG,BSA. It works with expected lower efficiency
- on-chip experiment with PEG-coated chip without PEG,BSA in reagent. It does not work, or the product is under the detection limitation of bioanalyzer.
- testing inhibition of PEG-NH2 on AB+
- testing inhibition of NHS and EDC on AB+
- QQ and MM: look back at flu PCR. Recall the repeatability. Decide course of action with Sonali. See what you can do to do "real" samples soon. One pot? Two steps necessary instead?
the repeatebility has been comfirmed.
- optimization of PEG and BSA concentration for on-chip flu PCR
- Start planning R01 for Submission on 10/5/09. MM, JD, CMK.
- Getting solution back out is still an issue.
- Integrated chip worked (19th). Accumulating multiple runs. (Check into primer lifetime)
- Evaporation problems near edges. Maybe design change?
- Teflon issue with the enzyme? Check into it.
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- St. Curve for Abs Quant Assay.