26 May 2009 Lab Meeting
- SIGN UP FOR NEW LAB DUTIES WITH SONALI.
- Please answer my safety emails.
- PDMS Fixture holder - make more at machine shop.
- Vacuum chamber needs a new gasket.
- MicroTAS Abstracts accepted. Papers due June 30th.
† Flu R01
- RNA extraction troubleshooting.
- Mass Spec of elution? In Chemistry.- We should approach them.
- Bioanalyzer not working.. why? LOD - Serially dilute our samples and look to see if we can see it when we dilute the contaminants and the DNA/RNA: DID NOT SEE ANYTHING.
- Absolute Quantification assays: TH this week.
- FTIR-ATR look at the eluant? There are some organics in the eluant. Restrict the range. Align the laser.
† Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project
- Fraun folks coming to get trained next week. RNA isolation.
- IBC for Fraun flu. in process.
† SEPSIS Project
- Jeff visiting week of June 1st
- Test with sol-gel substrate w/o bacteria (26th)
- Evap system (JD and JZ)
- Let's get this to a point where we can publish and move on
paper 1: Evap with Sol Gel substrate.
paper 2: Covap with PMA, Rhodamine, PS beads?...virus...?
† Virus concentration
† Valve Array
- Teddy will train Alex. JD. when he back from vacation.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
- Paper revised.
- Bonding ongoing with MIT folks
† Biointerfaces group
- Final draft with collaborators.
- Herringbone masks made.
- investigate the stability under different Peclet numbers (ratio of hydrodynamic force and Brownian force).
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- PCR 2 paper draft.
- will develop large scale particle modeling in full PCR model (30 PCR cycles or 20 PCR cycles)
- Integrated chip worked(19th)
- 3 more chips are tested when Sonali back(28th Thu).
- Valve characterization needed
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Run single PCR product from QQ or Sonali the test with the bioanalyzer