12 May 2009 Lab Meeting
- SIGN UP FOR NEW LAB DUTIES WITH SONALI.
- New lab meeting time T 10a-12pm room 705 starting 5/12/2009
- PDMS Fixture holder - make more at machine shop. Follow proper cleaning procedures with PU molds.
† Flu R01
- RNA extraction troubleshooting.
- Mass Spec of elution? Martin Steffen?
- Bioanalyzer not working.. why? LOD - Serially dilute our samples and look to see if we can see it when we dilute the contaminants and the DNA/RNA
- Absolute Quantification assays
- FTIR-ATR look at the eluant?
† Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project
- Fraun folks coming to get trained next week. RNA isolation.
- IBC for Fraun flu. in process.
† SEPSIS Project
- Revision in process due 5/20.
- MM to CMK at the end of this week.
- Jeff visiting week of June 1st
- Part last week was leaking b/c of flatness issues. No SERS test.
- Mask our for SU-8 mold. (PDMS)
- Test again before next Wed.
- Evap system (JD and JZ)
- Let's get this to a point where we can publish and move on
paper 1: Evap with Sol Gel substrate.
paper 2: Covap with PMA, Rhodamine, PS beads?...virus...?
† Virus concentration
- ATCC flu virus grew and harvested
- Plaque assay done.
† Valve Array/Valve building - done.
- SP students are gone? Alex. JD.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
- Paper in revision Yeah!
- Bonding meeting with MIT folks - Alex left some samples with them. Updates?
† Biointerfaces group
- Final draft with collaborators.
- designing herringbone groove for better trapping (Mask writer down until next Tuesday)
- investigate the stability under different Peclet numbers (ratio of hydrodynamic force and Brownian force).
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- repeated test of the PCR efficiency for different designs of channel.
- test PCR efficiency using smaller DNA size (63bp product).
- analyze PCR product for different temperature using bioanalyzer.
- getting statistical data for the activation energy from 50 particle simulation (Fig. 5-7)
- Mincheol has written the introduction, results and discussion, and conclusion.
- will develop large scale particle modeling in full PCR model (30 PCR cycles or 20 PCR cycles)
- Giving up on white paper. Think about other grant outlets.
- Preliminary no-valve design for 25 microliters.
- 20 more test chips to Sonali (AACC poster).
- Sonali try to do 10 microliters in the tube * Updates?
- Jane is working on passive valve characterization: threshold pressure not related to cantilever length or bonding time, try hole size next
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Run single PCR product from QQ or Sonali the test with the bioanalyzer