IGEM:Virginia/2009/Notebook/VGEM2011/2011/08/04

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Igem-logo-150px.png iGEM Project name 1 Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

August 4th, 2011

  • Ordered the VEGF PCA segments developed the day before. Talked to Kozminski about the yeast transformation. We found that we didn’t have much growth on the plates. This could be because we didn’t aerate the yeast cells properly during the incubation period in lithium acetate. Instead of putting the cells in a glass tube and spinning them on the “wheel of life,” we left them in a centrifuge tube in the shaker.
  • Re-plated yeast cells for transformation. Should be ready to go by Sunday.
  • Digested the plasmid with SacI and then HindIII. After each digest, some of the plasmid was visualized on the gel.

1) 1kb ladder

2) undigested

3) digested