IGEM:University of East Anglia (UEA), Norwich, UK/2009/Notebook/NRP-UEA-Norwich iGEM/2014/06/30
|iGEM Project name 1||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Week 3 Day 1
- Set up 10 Dig-Lig reactions with new BSA1 enzyme provided by TSL.
- DNA was transformed into E.coli using electroporation method previously discussed.
- Transformed bacteria was spreadplated onto canamycin plates containing XGAL and IPTG and incubated O/N at 37°C.
- Mini-prep of DNA obtained from Week 2's successful Dig-Lig experiments according to Qiagen protocol. However, DNA eluted in 25 µl of eluting buffer rather than 50 µl as protocol suggests.
- DNA conc. of each sample quanitifed using the Nanodrop.
- DNA diluted to obtain 5 ng in each 5 µl sample.
- Sense and Antisense primers to each 5 µl DNA (+H20) to achieve 20 µl sample in total and sent for sequencing to verify construct sequence.