IGEM:University of Chicago/2009/Notebook/Paraoxon Biosensor/2009/07/16
|iGEM Project name 1||Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Practice GFP Assay - Does it glow at all?
1) Stat a single colony of 186W from 7.14.09 replate. Started at 11 am
2) reached OD of 0.2 at 3 Pm. Put paraoxan to final concentration of 1 mM
3) dilute 3.6 ml of 100 mM in MeOH with 3.6 ml of dH2O
Final  of stock is 50 mM in 50% EtOH
-dilute 1ml final  20 mM
added 0.4 ml 50 mM stock, 0.6 ml dd H2O
-> final is 20% MeOH 20mM
-put 50 ul 20 mM stock into 950 uL culture (OD = 0.2)
- incubate starting at ~ 4PM. Pick it up at 6 PM (generally, allot 2 hours of incubation time)
- looked under microscope.
Result = NO GFP IN FIRST TRY
-Replated his - Paraoxan Biosensor colonies. 3-4 colonies/plate.
-put into incubator
- need to replate Kan - Paraoxan plates tomorrow. Can already see lots of cells
July 16, 2009 P2
Transformations of Longtine PCR Products into Yeast
Transformed products into yeast, however accidentally used Uracil plates instead of -HIS plates for products 1-3. Transformations were unsuccessful for 4 and 5. Beads may spread cell too thinly. Pipet shearing may have also been a cause.