February 23rd, 2010
-What has been done with bacterial luciferase?
-NOTE: Must have a highly oxygenated media.
-Vibrio shines blue, Photobacterium shines green.
-Check in the article “About Bioluminiscence”.
- In 2009 plate, the sequence is confirmed in the registry.
- E. coli Strain is supposed to be top10 according to Harvard’s protocol. This strain has no mutation in EnvZ. There is a mutant 473 which activates ompC and EnvZ3 which activates partially OmpC.
- Check LovTAP biobrick.pdf, where the structure is explained. The idea of the team of EPF is explicit in the paper of Strickland et al. (“Light-activated DNA binding in a designed allosteric protein”).
- Could be expressed in E. coli but intensity could be affected.
- Downstream must close answer is a two component system in Ralstonia palustri, the domain of a phytochrome PUC-BA could be moved to coli… or does it already have it?
- Kinetics of lux operon in a paper.
- Need to consider the origin of variations.