IGEM:UBC/2009/Notebook/UBC iGEM 2010/2010/08/11

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Igem-logo-150px.png iGEM Project name 1 Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

dspB Track

  • All 7 plates removed from incubator @ 0913
  • 2 O/N broth cultures removed from incubator @ 0945
  • Concentration of PCR product measurements (from 100803):
    • A: 981.9ng/uL
    • B: 894.0ng/uL
    • C: 890.3 ng/uL
    • D: 825.3 ng/uL

Biofilm Track

Eric F.

Biofilm Growth

  • Cultures removed at 0910
  • Both controls were clear (woot)
  • After re-reading the protocol we noticed we didn't follow it correctly
    • Our cultures were shaken all night, instead of being left static
    • We also only incubated 3mL instead of 5mL

Biofilm Growth

  • Began 2 - 5mL O/N TSB RN4220 cultures @ 1600 @ 37°C w/o shaking
  • Streaked a plate of TSA w/ 8325-4 O/N culture and placed into incubator @ 1600 @ 37°C w/o shaking Eric Finlay 19:19, 12 August 2010 (EDT)