Project / Accomplishments
- Revised Construction Diagrams from Grad Meeting
- Wrote up detailed protocol for PCR w/ new primers
- 9am meeting w/ Grad Student
- Anusuya w/ IBD and Immune System
- Not so much Immunology....
- Emphasize work w/ Il-10 treatment= PRECEDENT
- Need slide w/ differentiation
- Too many slides
- Symptoms- mention somewhere else but don't necessarily need its own slide
- Emphasize why our therapy is BETTER
- Awesomeness on 1 slide - update advantages slide to compare to current therapy
- Table? Larger font?
- Answer question more clearly about why we need device 2
- Suzie's Slides w/ Constructions
- Slide 1 - colored lines and provide key
- Slide 2 - mention vBOL
- Slide 3 - ask about sequences leading to protein- is it correct? Add arrows
- Slide 4- Easiest to understand and just label important parts..weak constitutive beta carotene?? OR not?
- Slide 5 - metadata?
- Slie 6- rest.... revise for device 2... const export system?
- Mark and lab update...
- Cultures of parts... mini-prep and pcr w/ new primers...
- 5:30 meeting w/ Clinician
- Update From Meeting with IBD Specialist Dr. Shamita Shah
- Good News
- Fully supportive of the concept
- Understands importance of and our reasoning behind both devices
- Supports probiotic research
- Enthusiastic for future implications of this device as a “treatment/diagnostic tool”
- Willing to share her own slides on IBD and give 20 presentation on her current knowledge
- She has great statistics and can help us frame our device to tailor to a specific target audience
- Next Steps
- Decide what “phase” of IBD we want to target
- Early diagnostic… difficult to distinguish between UC and Crohn’s, but certainly useful
- Complementary treatment: use as another “tool” for clinicians
- Post-treatment diagnostic to prevent recurrence…
- Dr. Shah sees this as the most promising and necessary right now w/ regards to treatment
- No previous probiotic research in this field
- Many cases lead to recurrence- and patients need annual colonic scopes
- Meet w/ Dr. Shah again early September
- We need numbers…
- The “ratio” needs to be known or better understood and Dr. Shah doesn’t collect these numbers
- When/how will the device be “triggered” with regards to these numbers?
- Switch bacterial strain to be more sustainable in the small intestine?