|Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Result of Bacillus transformation (glycerol stock of competent cells)
We have no contamination in our glycerol stocks. However, the efficiency of glycerol stocks seems to be lower than these of fresh competent cells.
Result of starch plates
We had 5mL of iodine solution, wait for 1min and observe.
Controls (the small zone of clearing are contamination, we have not yet manage to find how to avoid them)
Negative control : IA771, no zone of clearing
Positive control : IA751, big zones of clearing
Colony PCR from bacillus subtilis colonies
We want to check the size of the insert in the AmyE region(IA751) after transformation with an integration vector (to check if we have a single cross over or not).
We are going to test our transformation of ECE112 and 153.
We already tried this protocol, but our PCR did not work, so we tried again, with one sample of chromosomal DNA from bacillus to check if our transformation works.
- add 20μL of 0.05mg/mL lysozyme into a PCR tube
- add a few colonies into this tube until you obtain a dense solution. We test :
- 15min in 37°C, then 15min in 99°C, 1min in 4°C, 1min in 99°C, 1min in 4°C
- For IA751, IA751 + ECE112, IA751 + ECE153, and bacillus chromosomal DNA, add 12μL of SDW, 5μL of MM, 1+1μL of primers (amyE primers), 1μL of the solution prepared befor with cells (or DNA)
- Result : only chromosomal DNA worked. That means that our primers are ok, but we have to find a protocol for chromosomal DNA miniprep of bacillus to be able to PCR something into the genome of bacillus.
- Result : Lane4, we have something but too small.