|Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Results from yesterday
- IA751 (control) : most of colonies did not grow, which is good, but 2 or 3 grew...
- IA7771 + ECE166 : all colonies grew : ok 9non integration vector)
- IA771 + ECE153 : growth of all colonies... problem!!! if IA771 is transformed with this integration vector, it should lose its EryR
- IA771 + ECE112 : growth of all colonies... problem!!! if IA771 is transformed with this integration vector, it should lose its EryR
- IA771 : no growth on Spc50 plate, so no natural resistance
- transformed cells grew
- Add iodine solution for 1min
- Problem : no aparent blue, no diffusion of iodine into LA agar + a lot of contamination
New plates and LB stocks
- In order to try to make plasmid miniprep at the end of the day, grow IA771 transformed with ECE166 in 10mL LB + Cm5
7hours is not enough to reach exponential phase!!! We will try again tomorrow by incubating longer
- Grow IA771 and IA751 ( first plate from sterile disks of strain) imto 10mL of LB
- Grow ECE166, 171, 153 in E.coli with approriate antibiotics 9to transform tomorrow)
- Grow IA771 transformed with ECE153 into LB+Spc50 (to check fluorescence with xylose induction)
New test for amylase
We tried 2 different methods.
- Dilute 1g of starch into 100mL of agar and try to dilute it and boil it to sterilize. The problem is that it is very difficult to dilute...
- The second method seem to be better. We diluted 1g of starch into 100mL of Soft Agar (it dilutes very well). Then plate blank agar plate (LA) and then add a thin layer of SA ith 1% of starch. Poke the plates.
- We plated IAI+ECE112, IA751+ECE112 and also IA751 and 1A1 for control.