BSA Templated CdS Quantum Dot synthesis and Myoglobin templated ZnS quantum dots data
CdS quantum dots were synthesized in a BSA template and fluorescence scans were run on the previously synthesized myoglobin templated ZnS quantum dots.
- A Cadmium acetate dihydrate solution was made to replace the previous stock solution of cadmium acetate anyhydrous because the cadmium acetate came out of solution and was not uniform.
- 0.666g of cadmium acetate dihydrous was dissolved in a 500mL volumetric flask. The stock solution is 5mM.
- Sample was made BSA: 0.1mM cadmium acetate, 3.125uM BSA, 10mM potassium thioacetate 5mL total
- 0.5M potassium thioacetate
- XmL= 100uL potassium thioacetate
- BSA 63.1uM
- X=0.247mL= 247uL BSA
- Cadmium Acetate 0.5M
- X= 500uL
- Volume of water= 5000uL- 100uL-247uL-500uL= 4153uL
Myoglobin templated ZnS Quantum dots
Scans taken of myoglobin templated ZnS quantum dots pH 4-10
Since the myoglobin templated CdS quantum dots did not appear to have fully formed after stirring for one day, scans were only taken after stirring for 7 days.
Data Analysis: In Depth
pH 4 Selected View
pH 5 Selected View
pH 6 Selected View
pH 7 Selected View
pH 8 Selected View
pH 9 Selected View
pH 10 Selected View