Myoglobin templated CdS quantum dot synthesis
Today we are making CdS quantum dots using myoglobin as the template for pH 4-10
- Cadmium acetate was still not completely dissolved so we added ethanol to the stirring solution. After the addition of a few drops of ethanol, the solution was uniform
- Sample was made Myoglobin: 0.1mM cadmium acetate, 12.5uM Myoglobin, 10mM potassium thioacetate 5mL total
- 0.5M potassium thioacetate
- XmL= 100uL potassium thioacetate
- Myoglobin 230.5uM
- X=0.282mL= 271uL Myoglobin
- Cadmium Acetate 0.5M
- X= 500uL
- Volume of water= 5000uL- 100uL-271uL-500uL= 4129uL
- The pH was then changed by using a pH meter to add concentrated HNO3 dropwise to reach pH 4-6 and then we used concentrated Ammonia water to reach pH 8-10.
- The 7 solutions at varying pH were left to stir overnight.