Time start: 8am
- Prep 5ml of cultured bacteria into 150ml for 5hrs.
Time start: 2pm
Plate count on McFarland (LB and M9) from 20/12/08 trial IV
- LB : 10^-12 -- 105
- 10^-14 -- 50
- M9 : 10^-6 -- 359
Matching 1.0 McFarland standard
- 2.1ml M9 : 0.9ml E.coli for reading of 0.255
- 2.5ml LB : 0.5ml E.coli for reading of 0.254
Prep biofilm formation (trial V)
- 1ml of M9 E.coli mix : 29ml broth
- 1ml of LB E.coli mix : 29ml broth
- 3 days at 21, 37 C.
- Ultrasonic bath in the lab too strong for biofilm removal (causes spillage of adjusted inoculum; could result in inaccuracy.
- Tried using sonicator probe from Prof Kunn's Lab but its frequency was for small volume.
- Plan to purchase lids with detachable pegs.