- E coli culturing
- Used Biosafety Hood to UV for 20 mins, turned off and left for 5 mins.
- E coli culture from 3 Dec 08 was removed from shaking incubator (incubated 16 hrs)
- Under the hood, one loopful of E coli streaked (quadrant streaking method) onto LB(A) plate (immediate culture)
- Repeat for onto LB(A) slant (stock culture)
- 2X E coli plate and slant incubated at 37 C overnight (started at 1020am)
- Always Parafilm petri dishes when storing
- Overturn dishes upon storing (for incubation, overturn only when no moisture is visibly found)
- Failed: using incorrectly prepared medium which did not contain broth in it.