- Started at 1100am.
- Culture medium preparation
- 14g of BD Agar weighed out on a weighing scale into a 400ml bottle.
- 400ml of distilled water was added (2 bottles done)
- Repeat process for BD Broth (2 bottles).
- Autoclaved 1140am at 121 degrees for 15min (waited for about 2hrs for the temperature to rise and pressure to build up and lower). Temperature safe to remove is 80 degrees.
- BD Broth was stored in the incubator at 70 degrees.
- BD Agar was taken out to the ventilating hood and poured out into 40 petri dishes (about 15ml per dish to cover).
- Petri dishes were parafilmed and stored in the 4 degree fridge after allowing to solidify and free from water vapour.
- Prepared E coli (K12 W3110) broth mixture and incubated at 30 degrees.
- E coli was filled with LB Broth in a test tube (ratio 1ml:9ml).
- Placed in a shaking incubator at 252rpm for 16hr for 35.2 degrees.
- Failed: composition of culturing medium prepared incorrectly. Suppose to be 15g BD Agar and 25g LB broth in 1L distilled water for the petri dish mix.