BME100 f2014:Group 27 L6
PCR Lab F
Section 1: Computer-Aided Design
1. Which Open PCR parts does each of the 3-D files represent?
- Open PCR Body represents the
- Open PCR Assembly:
- Open PCR Heating:
- Open PCR Lid:
- Open PCR Electronics:
- Open PCR Miscellaneous represents the box containing the machine.
Section 2: Your Plan to Design a New Diagnostic System
Part 1: Assess the original design.
1. Strength: They are relatively cheap and are convenient. They also ensure that the experiment is not contaminated with other substances because they are not reused, so there is no need to worry about how well it has been cleaned.
2. Weakness: They are wasteful because many may need to be used for a single experiment; for example, we had to use a large amount of the plastic pipettor tips.
1. Strength: Reliable, accurate, easy to use with minimal need to input information.
2. Weakness: It is a relatively large machine which takes up space in laboratories and the PCR reaction takes a long time (at least a few hours).
1. Strength: It is convenient and relatively small for its function.
2. Weakness: Since you have to take the images and interpret the data, it requires a time-consuming, inaccurate process with a lot of room for error (especially for beginners).
Part 2: Design a New System
Our Brand Name: Perfect PCR (pPCR)