Brief biographical sketch
Born in Jerusalem and raised in metro Detroit, I received my MA from the College of the Atlantic in 2004. While there I worked with Kevin Flurkey and David Harrison at the Jackson Lab, beginning my life as a research scientist. I am now a graduate student in Mike Wade's Lab in the department of biology at Indiana University. If all goes according to plan, I will graduate in the summer of 2010!!!
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
- Brandvain Y and Wade MJ. The functional transfer of genes from the mitochondria to the nucleus: the effects of selection, mutation, population size and rate of self-fertilization. Genetics. 2009 Aug;182(4):1129-39. DOI:10.1534/genetics.108.100024 |
- Wade MJ and Brandvain Y. Reversing mother's curse: selection on male mitochondrial fitness effects. Evolution. 2009 Apr;63(4):1084-9. DOI:10.1111/j.1558-5646.2009.00614.x |
- Flurkey K, Brandvain Y, Klebanov S, Austad SN, Miller RA, Yuan R, and Harrison DE. PohnB6F1: a cross of wild and domestic mice that is a new model of extended female reproductive life span. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2007 Nov;62(11):1187-98.
- Brandvain Y and Wade MJ. The evolution of competition and policing: opposing selection within and among groups. BMC Evol Biol. 2007 Oct 25;7:203. DOI:10.1186/1471-2148-7-203 |
- Brandvain Y, Barker MS, and Wade MJ. Gene co-inheritance and gene transfer. Science. 2007 Mar 23;315(5819):1685. DOI:10.1126/science.1134789 |
- Brandvain Y and Haig D. Divergent mating systems and parental conflict as a barrier to hybridization in flowering plants. Am Nat. 2005 Sep;166(3):330-8. DOI:10.1086/432036 |