Difference between revisions of "Wikiomics:Multiple sequence alignment"
(→Software producing the multiple sequence alignment)
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 20:00, 19 November 2007
Multiple sequence alignment is widely used in the sequence analysis. It is more reliable, and hosts more information than derived from BLAST multiple pairwise alignment. The MSA allows for identification of common regions between proteins (including motifs), finding conserved residues and analysis of evolutionary relationships between sequences.
Software producing the multiple sequence alignment
Analysis of conservation in the multiple sequence alignment
Databases of multiple sequence alignments
- Thompson JD, Higgins DG, and Gibson TJ. CLUSTAL W: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994 Nov 11;22(22):4673-80.
- Do CB, Mahabhashyam MS, Brudno M, and Batzoglou S. ProbCons: Probabilistic consistency-based multiple sequence alignment. Genome Res. 2005 Feb;15(2):330-40. DOI:10.1101/gr.2821705 |
- Edgar RC. MUSCLE: multiple sequence alignment with high accuracy and high throughput. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32(5):1792-7. DOI:10.1093/nar/gkh340 |
- Katoh K, Kuma K, Toh H, and Miyata T. MAFFT version 5: improvement in accuracy of multiple sequence alignment. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33(2):511-8. DOI:10.1093/nar/gki198 |
- Lassmann T and Sonnhammer EL. Kalign--an accurate and fast multiple sequence alignment algorithm. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005 Dec 12;6:298. DOI:10.1186/1471-2105-6-298 |
- Pei J, Sadreyev R, and Grishin NV. PCMA: fast and accurate multiple sequence alignment based on profile consistency. Bioinformatics. 2003 Feb 12;19(3):427-8.
- Roberts E, Eargle J, Wright D, and Luthey-Schulten Z. MultiSeq: unifying sequence and structure data for evolutionary analysis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006 Aug 16;7:382. DOI:10.1186/1471-2105-7-382 |
- Pei J and Grishin NV. AL2CO: calculation of positional conservation in a protein sequence alignment. Bioinformatics. 2001 Aug;17(8):700-12.