Difference between revisions of "User talk:Matthew E. Jurek"
(→Week 1 Journal Feedback: completed week 1 feedback)
(removed extra header)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Week 1 Journal Feedback ==
== Week 1 Journal Feedback ==
Revision as of 00:24, 31 January 2013
Week 1 Journal Feedback
- Thank you for submitting your assignment on time.
- There are a few of things that you need to fix on your individual user page and shared journal page. Please make these changes by next week's journal deadline (midnight, February 8) to earn back the points you missed on this assignment.
- You need to put the complete street address for your box at LMU.
- On the Week 1 shared journal page, put the link to your user page underneath the header for your section.
- You are writing something in the summary field consistently; remember, the goal is to fill it out every time you make a change.
- Your external link needs a label. What you did works, but it would be better to use the complete wiki syntax. I.e., use [http://www.lmu.edu LMU], which looks like this: LMU, instead of just .
- While you have created a template and used it, it could be organized better. Use a bulleted or numbered list to organize your links. While it looks like you used line breaks to separate the links on the editing page, it does not appear that way on the actual page that shows. You actually have to have an empty line between each line if you just want them to appear as a list. However, using a bulleted or numbered list works even better.
- Please feel free to delete the message from OpenWetWare below.
— Kam D. Dahlquist 02:08, 31 January 2013 (EST)
Hello, Matthew E. Jurek! This is a welcome message from OpenWetWare. By the way, we've announced you on the home page! You can leave messages to any OWW member by editing their User_talk pages like this one. And don't forget to personalize your User Page so that we can get to know you better! We've included some tips below to get you started.
Basic Wiki Instructions
- Don't be afraid to edit! As with all pages on the wiki, all versions are saved so its easy to undo. If you have any questions feel free to send us an email.
- Start off by clicking the 'edit' button to the right of this section, or at the top of the page.
- Now you should see the text of this section as text within an editor box. There are several buttons in the editor box, but don't worry about those for now. Just type something in the box, scroll down to the bottom, and hit the 'Preview' button.
- You should see the web-page and text box views, but now with your edits! Don't forget to save your changes by clicking 'Save Page'!
- Editing pages is as easy as that. There are of course many ways to format your text. The easiest way to learn is to find an OWW page with the formatting you like, click on the edit button again, and see for yourself how it was created in the text box. Here's an extensive list of formating examples. Or look at this OpenWetWare introductory tutorial.
- When you are done, remove these instructions by clicking the edit button for this section again, erase everything you see in the text box and click 'Save Page'. (And remember you can always retrieve these by clicking on the 'history' tab at the top of this page.)
Note that these instructions apply to any page on OWW. Feel free to contribute to OWW by editing pages to add content, update them, or even correct mistakes. OWW relies on an active community to manage our growing resource of open access information, and we need your help!
We have gone ahead and filled in some information you provided us in your membership application on your User Page. Please take a moment to embellish this and tell the community a little more about you. Put links to your lab pages, your projects and your interests. If you run out of ideas, take a look at some of the other User pages. For example, check out User:Julius_B._Lucks, User:Jason_R._Kelly and User:Reshma_P._Shetty.
You'll also notice that we have put an 'image' placeholder at the top of your User Page. We encourage you to upload an image of yourself to give OWW a more personal feel. To upload an image, click on the Upload file link on the left-hand side (toolbar). Choose a file from your computer, and remember the file name. After you have uploaded the image, you should see it loaded on its own page. Go back to your User Page, click on edit, and replace 'OWWEmblem.png' with the name of your file that you have uploaded in the second line of this page.