User talk:Kevin Matthew McKay
Week 1 Journal Feedback
- Thank you for submitting your assignment on time.
- There are a few of things that you need to fix on your individual user page and shared journal page. Please make these changes by next week's journal deadline (midnight, February 8) to earn back the points you missed on this assignment.
- You need to put the complete street address for your box at LMU.
- You included your research interests on the page, but not your career interests as requested.
- On the Week 1 shared journal page, use your name as a header for the section that you use to answer questions. Be sure to use a label for the link back to your user page. Instead of [[User:Kevin Matthew McKay]], use [[User:Kevin Matthew McKay | Kevin Matthew McKay]].
- You are not using the summary field consistently when you make changes to the wiki. The goal is to fill it out every time you make a change.
- You have created your template, but it is duplicating links that you put manually on your user page. You can go ahead and delete the extra links since they are there because of your template.
- You included an abstract about your research as the file you uploaded. However, the name of that file is simply "Abstract.docx". This filename is really generic for use on OpenWetWare, where there are hundreds of users from around the world. If someone else were to upload a file with the same name (which could easily happen), it would overwrite your file. It is even possible that you have overwritten someone else's file yourself. Make sure that your filenames are unique to you.
- Please feel free to delete the welcome message from OpenWetWare below.
— Kam D. Dahlquist 01:40, 31 January 2013 (EST)