User talk:Jakob Suckale
please put your comment at the top (easier to find)
I just added your nice icons to the protocol template so that one could see if people make use of it or prefer to omit them.
Grüsse nach Dresden, Torsten Waldminghaus 07:31, 8 May 2008 (EDT):
- BC 08:57, 13 October 2007 (CDT): Hey Jakob, saw Papers and liked it. However, I couldn't find evidence of it supporting export of a biblography to word or latex. Until it gets such a feature, I expect I'll stick with Bibdesk.
- Reshma 12:23, 7 September 2007 (EDT): Hey Jasu, I think your statistics portal is really useful. On a whim, I decided to try out a redesign of the page. Basically, I tried to
- change the layout so that you don't have to scroll down in order to see the useful information.
- change the colors to be more like OWW colors
- use more wiki code and less html to make it more amenable to editing
What do you think? Please feel free to change it back if you don't like it. Also, another idea is to move the page to Statistics ... the shorter name might be easier to type and remember? Anyway, let me know what you think.
- I like the layout suggestion that you made. You have a good point with the content being accessible w/o scrolling. Made some small changes, e.g. reduced OWW graphic to make it flush w the table below, removed blue bg from below the 3D Gaussian - didn't go well w the red, and enlarged the graphic slightly. I also think the cell classes have slightly too little cellpadding. Looks a bit crowded. Tried to override it, but that didn't work w/o taking away the class. Statistics portal to Statistics sounds good. Simpler is better. We could do w some more content ;-) There are some suggestions in the discussion which I couldn't integrate, yet. All the best, Jasu 19:33, 7 September 2007 (EDT)
Wow, this is really neat. Perhaps we can put a spotlight on it soon and ask others for help as well. Thanks for all your efforts in putting this stuff up here. If you are interested, you should consider joining the Steering Committee as well if you are interested in participating in discussions on where OWW should be going in the future.
Hi there, Jasu, and welcome to OpenWetWare! We hope you find it to your liking. Here's a couple links you might find useful:
Also, please be aware that the general naming convention when creating a new page for a lab is
Labname:Page name. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on my talk page. Good luck!
ps. I noticed that you are pretty adept at wiki-ing. Keep up the good work. It's nice to see people really helping out the community pages!
Just getting started here and eager to find out about OWW. Jasu 13:25, 20 June 2006 (EDT)