Difference between revisions of "User talk:Helena M. Olivieri"
(→Week 2 Journal Feedback)
(feedback on week 9 spreadsheet)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Week 1 Journal Feedback ==
== Week 1 Journal Feedback ==
Revision as of 21:38, 8 April 2013
Week 9 Spreadsheet Feedback
- I have reviewed the spreadsheet you have submitted for the Week 9 assignment. Unfortunately, you made a typo on your "scaled_centered" worksheet that has affected all of your downstream calculations. In the STDEV calculation, your the range of cells in your formula went to row 9192 instead of 6192. You will need to correct this before going on to the Week 12 assignment.
— Kam D. Dahlquist 01:38, 9 April 2013 (EDT)
Week 1 Journal Feedback
- Thank you for submitting your assignment on time.
- There are a few of things that you need to fix on your individual user page and shared journal page. Please make these changes by next week's journal deadline (midnight, February 8) to earn back the points you missed on this assignment.
- You need to put the complete street address for your box at LMU.
- Please let us know on your user page or via e-mail if you have any worries/concerns about the class and if there is anything else you want us to know, even if the answer is "no".
- On the Week 1 shared journal page, make a link back to your user page at the top of the section where you answered the questions.
- You are not using summary field when you make changes to the wiki. The goal is to fill it out every time you make a change.
- Your template is missing. Please create one and invoke it from your user page and all of your individual journal pages. It should contain links for each of the class assignment pages, your journal pages, and the class shared journal pages. It is also helpful to put the class category on it as well. Currently, the link to the shared journal assignment and the category is currently missing from your user page. If you put it in your template and then invoke the template, you will never forget to put it in your journal page.
- Please feel free to delete the welcome message from OpenWetWare below.
— Kam D. Dahlquist 19:13, 30 January 2013 (EST)
You asked: "Hi Dr. Fitzpatrick, What are some of your hobbies outside of academia? Helena M. Olivieri 01:12, 23 January 2013 (EST)"
My answer: I have quite a few. I like to travel, when I can afford it and make time for it. I (attempt to) play guitar. I do some woodworking, and I like to take pictures.
Ben G. Fitzpatrick 14:02, 3 February 2013 (EST)
Week 2 Journal Feedback
- For future assignments, please plan ahead and submit your work on time.
- Your discussion is a bit thin. You need to include a little more detail on the simulations you performed.
- Graphs would be very helpful in backing up your discussion. See Elizabeth's page for a good example of a file containing some well-annotated simulations, or Ashley's for graphs embedded in the discussion. Paul's screencaps, while a bit difficult to view due to size, may also help you.
- How might you model the ethanol production as a third differential equation? How might it impact the mortality?
Ben G. Fitzpatrick 13:52, 4 February 2013 (EST)