I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Xiaodong Liu, Ph.D.
- Principle Investigator, X-Laboratory
- Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine
- Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University, Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University, Biomedical Engineering
- M.S., Tsinghua University, Biomedical Engineering
- B.S., Zhejiang University, Biomedical Engineering and Instrumentation
- Sensory Neuroscience (Vision and Taste)
- Membrane Excitability (Ion Channels)
- Transmembrane Signaling (Physical and Chemical Cues)
- Biomolecular Devices (Sensors and Actuators)
1. Liu X, Yang PS, Yang W, and Yue DT. Enzyme-inhibitor-like tuning of Ca(2+) channel connectivity with calmodulin. Nature 2010 Feb 18; 463(7283) 968-72. doi:10.1038/nature08766 pmid:20139964.
2. Chen P, Liu XD, Zhang W, Zhou J, Wang P, Yang W, and Luo J. Modeling and simulation of ion channels and action potentials in taste receptor cells. Sci China C Life Sci 2009 Nov; 52(11) 1036-47. doi:10.1007/s11427-009-0138-9 pmid:19937202.
3. Liu XD and Kourennyi DE. Effects of tetraethylammonium on Kx channels and simulated light response in rod photoreceptors. Ann Biomed Eng 2004 Oct; 32(10) 1428-42. pmid:15535060.
4. Kourennyi DE, Liu XD, Hart J, Mahmud F, Baldridge WH, and Barnes S. Reciprocal modulation of calcium dynamics at rod and cone photoreceptor synapses by nitric oxide. J Neurophysiol 2004 Jul; 92(1) 477-83. doi:10.1152/jn.00606.2003 pmid:14985410.
5. Sun H, Liu X, Xiong Q, Shikano S, and Li M. Chronic inhibition of cardiac Kir2.1 and HERG potassium channels by celastrol with dual effects on both ion conductivity and protein trafficking. J Biol Chem 2006 Mar 3; 281(9) 5877-84. doi:10.1074/jbc.M600072200 pmid:16407206.
6. Kourennyi DE, Liu X, and Barnes S. Modulation of rod photoreceptor potassium Kx current by divalent cations. Ann Biomed Eng 2002; 30(9) 1196-203. pmid:12502230.
7. Liu XD and Kourennyi DE. Linear system analysis of ion channel modulation in rod photoreceptors under dim light conditions. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2004; 6 4037-40. doi:10.1109/IEMBS.2004.1404127 pmid:17271185.
8. Chen P, Liu XD, Wang B, Cheng G and Ping Wang (2009) A biomimetic taste receptor cell based biosensor for electrophysiology recording and acidic sensation", Sensors and Actuators, B: Chemical 139: 576-583
9. Chen P, Cheng G, Wang B, Wang P* and Liu XD* (2008) Design of a novel acid-sensing biosensor based on taste neurons and LAPS. In: 2nd International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering, iCBBE 2008, pp 1561-1564 (*corresponding authors)