User:William J. Gibson
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- William J. Gibson
- 362 Memorial Drive, Cambridge MA 02139
- Contact me at wgibson at mit period/dot edu
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- I work in the Edelman Lab at MIT. I learned about OpenWetWare from My instructors at MIT, and I've joined because of 20.109.
- I'm from Natick MA, and enjoy sports, research, reading, learning generally, hanging with my friends, trying to make myself and the world better. My favorite kind of ice cream is the now retired Ben and Jerry's ® One Sweet Whirled.
S.B Candidate Biological Engineering - MIT
S.B Candidate Philosophy - MIT (might only minor)
- Cardiology (in-vitro models of thrombosis, PCI, coagulation, endothelialization, treating atherosclerosis)
- Drug Delivery: Finding ways to deliver drug locally.
- Aging: I watched this documentary on PBS about SIR-2 which was pretty cool.
- Olenchock SA Jr, Karmpaliotis D, Gibson WJ, Murphy SA, Southard MC, Ciaglo L, Buros J, Mack MJ, Alexander JH, Harrington RA, Califf RM, Kouchoukos NT, Ferguson TB Jr, and Gibson CM. Impact of saphenous vein graft radiographic markers on clinical events and angiographic parameters. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008 Feb;85(2):520-4. DOI:10.1016/j.athoracsur.2007.10.061 |
- Gibson WJ and Gibson CM. The association of impaired myocardial perfusion and monocytosis with late recovery of left ventricular function following primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Eur Heart J. 2006 Nov;27(21):2487-8. DOI:10.1093/eurheartj/ehl267 |
- Gibson CM, Gibson WJ, Murphy SA, Marble SJ, McCabe CH, Turakhia MP, Kirtane AJ, Karha J, Aroesty JM, Giugliano RP, Antman EM, and TIMI Study Group.. Association of the Fibonacci Cascade with the distribution of coronary artery lesions responsible for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2003 Sep 1;92(5):595-7.
Ciaglo LN, Karmpaliotis D, Olenchock ,Jr. SA, Gibson WJ, Buros JL, Perez L, Lew M, Harrington RA, Mack MJ, Ferguson, Jr. TB, Kouchoukos NT, Alexander JH, Gibson CM. Rate of TIMI flow grade 3 in saphenous vein grafts (SVG) and native coronary arteries across varying vein graft diameters at 1 year.nd