1. Folded DNA Nanostructures Goal: Create nanotubes using Shawn's pre-designed oligo staples, and two controls: one without the scaffold, one without the staples
- According to protocol, 3 combinations of components were mixed and thermocycled.
2. Transformed Bacteria with Existing BioBrick Plasmids Goal: Transform existing BioBrick-containing plasmids in order to produce large enough quantities of DNA to work with later.
- R0010 (lac operon promoter),
- E7104 (T4 promoter + gfp),
- and E0241 (gfp)
were transformed into OneShot Top10 competent cells (Invitrogen) according to
HOMEWORK: 1) Past iGEM Projects Presentation: UCSF 2) Prospective Projects Research: a) Lactobacillus Hijacking b) Receptor-based DNA Nanostructure Latch c) Biocryptography w/ DNA Nanostructures d) ?