Difference between revisions of "User:Sunny Sharma"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 12:29, 22 November 2013
- Sunny Sharma
- Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Max-von-Laue Strasse-9, Campus Riedberg, Goethe University
- Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am graduate student in Entian´s Lab at Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main.
- Graduate student at Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany 
- 2007, MS (Molecular Biology & Biochemistry), Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India 
- 2005, BS, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India 
DAAD (Deutsche Akademische Austauschdienst) PhD scholarship (2010 - 2013) 
CEF (Excellence Cluster-Frankfurt am Main) PhD fellowship (2009 - 2010) 
ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) Junior Research Fellowship (2009 - 2010) 
- Ribosome Biogenesis
- RNA modifications
1) Yeast Nop2 and Rcm1 methylate C2870 and C2278 of the 25S rRNA, respectively.
2) Identification of a novel methyltransferase, Bmt2, responsible for the N-1-methyl-adenosine base modification of 25S rRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
3) Yeast Rrp8p, a novel methyltransferase responsible for m1A 645 base modification of 25S rRNA.
4) Association of P2X7 receptor +1513 (A-->C) polymorphism with tuberculosis in a Punjabi population.