I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Steven Illes
- Purdue University
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
- Interest 1
Chemical Mechanical Planarization in the production of silicon wafers.
- Interest 2
Particulate adhesions with respect to chemical processes.
- Interest 3
Human interactions with chemical environments
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164
Last summer, i was an intern for a boiler/chiller chemical maintainance company called Premier Tech Water Treatment, a small start up.i went to various clients, tested the chemicals for contaminants, added additional chemicals, and made chemical sales. This year I am doing research for Professor Beaudoin in the field of nano-electric chemical engineering and writing a thesis to enhance the production of computer processors and similar silicon chips. this next summer i will be working for the Intel Corporation in Chandler, AZ as a technical process Engineering intern. My suggestions for getting a job is acknowledging your weaknesses in the job hunt, and seek help for them. another would be that job fairs are wars of atrition. i met with 50 companies at IR, got 25 initial interviews, and ended up getting 5 job offers. dont count any out of the race at any point, the ones you think you biffed can easily surprise you while the ones you think you aced have the nicest sounding rejection letters you'll ever see.