User:Sean C. Sleight
- Sean C. Sleight
- University of Washington
- Dept. of Bioengineering
- Seattle, WA 98195
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I'm a postdoc in Herbert Sauro's lab at University of Washington. I have just started a synthetic biology project and will be an advisor for the UW iGEM 2008 team. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something here soon.
- 2007, PhD, Michigan State University, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
- 1999, BS, University of Arizona, Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Synthetic biology
- Experimental and directed evolution
- Mutation rates under stress
- Sleight S.C., C. Orlic, D. Schneider, and R.E. Lenski
Genetic basis of evolutionary adaptation by Escherichia coli to stressful cycles of freezing, thawing and growth. 2008. Genetics Sep;180(1):431-43.
- Sleight S.C. and R.E. Lenski
Evolutionary adaptation to freeze-thaw-growth cycles in Escherichia coli. 2007. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 80(4): 370-385.
- Sleight S.C., N.S. Wigginton, and R.E. Lenski
Increased susceptibility to repeated freeze-thaw cycles in Escherichia coli following long-term evolution in a benign environment. 2006. BMC Evolutionary Biology 6: 104 [8 pp].