User:Rene M Davis
I am a graduate student in the Biological Design Graduate Program at Arizona State University. I am mentored by Dr. Karmella Haynes in the School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering.
René M Davis
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, USA
Send me an email at Rene.Davis at ASU dot edu
- 2017 (expected), PhD in Biological Design, Arizona State University
- 2008, BS in Biology, California Institute of Technology
- 2012-Current, Graduate research associate in Dr. Karmella Haynes' lab
- 2011-2012, Rotation student in Dr. Dave Nielsen's lab
- 2011-2012, Rotation student in Professor Wim Vermaas' lab
- 2011-2012, Rotation student in Dr. Julian Chen's lab
- 2009-2010, Research Associate at The Scripps Research Institute, Dr. Kevin Morris’ lab, Delivery of therapeutic RNA-aptamer constructs to alter HIV expression.
- 2009, Intern at City of Hope, Dr. John Rossi’s lab, Design of siRNAs and DNA constructs for therapeutic use against HIV latency.
- 2004, Lab Tech, Adamson Analytical Labs, Gas and high performance liquid chromatography lab procedures.
- 2013, Teaching Assistant for Cold Spring Harbor Synthetic Biology Course
- 2012-2013, Mentor for Biomedical Engineering (BME) Undergraduate Research Program
- 2012-2013, Mentor for Bioscience High School Internship Program
- 2012, Mentor for ASU International Genetically Engineered Machines Competition (iGEM) Team
- 2012, Grant Reviewer for Graduate Research Support Program
- 2009-2010, Mentor for undergraduate students in molecular biology lab techniques at Scripps
- 2008-2009, Math and science tutor with h-bar Tutoring
- 2008-2009, Assistant Coach, Caltech women’s basketball
- 2004-2009, Math and science tutor
- Synthetic biology
- AHL quorum sensing
- Metabolic engineering
- AHL quorum sensing-current
- Mammalian genome editing using CRISPR-current
- TB biosensor - on hold
- Inteins - on hold
- Moe-Behrens GHG, Davis RM, Haynes KA. (2013) Preparing synthetic biology for the world. Front. in Microbio. PMCID: PMC3554958