- Separate the proteins from the cells
- Remove the cells from the -80°C Freezer and place in a water bath to unfreeze the cells and bring them to room temperature.
- Sonicate the cells using sonication instrumentation. place the sonication device inside each of vials containing the cells for 30 seconds followed placing the vial in an ice bath for 30 seconds. repeat this sequence three times. This will shock and open up the cells.
- centrifuge the cells at 18000 rpm and 4°C for 2 hours. This will separate the organelles of the cells from the proteins we want.
- Meanwhile, filter the binding buffer and elution buffer in order to purify them using a vacuum system of filtration and filter paper with a membrane filter in which the holes measure 450nm.
- Once the centrifuging is completed. Use the same vacuum filter system to separate the proteins from everything else in the vials (organelles, buffer, etc.)
- New concentrations of the Tris buffer were added to the Gold/BSA solution. These solutions did not express any fibers, it was just purple solution. The UV-Vis was run twice on the samples with an hour in between each run.
|Tris Buffer concentration
||amount of water (mL)
||amount of tris (mL)
| .05 mM
| .5 mM
| 5 mM
| 50 mM
| 100 mM
| 200 mM
| 500 mM
| .1 M
- Todays steps were necessary in order to separate out the proteins from the cells and collect them.