User:Pranav Rathi/Notebook/OT/2010/07/29/Tweezer Issues
The number of issues I want to look into before we plan the optical setup:
- The possible x or/and y signal drift at QPD, when we increase the laser power: Is it due to AOM or is it laser? How we solve it?
- Need of Imaging AOM at the back aperture of the objective and further at QPD.
- How well our new diachronic works?
- Other noise & vibration issues.
I am starting to work on these. If you guys can think of anything else please add.
- Detail list
1. You may be able to investigate #1 using the current laser. You could set up the detector on the table, put in a 1:1 telescope to image the AOM onto the detector and then move detector in +/- z direction to explore the magnitude of the effect.
2. This is related to #1. If we were using the AOM for steering (which we aren’t), it’d be necessary. However, as mentioned above, imaging may help with the XY signal related to AOM voltage.
3. Noise / drift will be a big issue. There is also the looming huge task of putting everything in a box. Also, we discussed moving some equipment into the chase, which will be helpful but will require some engineering and possibly some programming.
4. Any programming needs that I can work on?
5. DNA Constructs
6. Tethering efficiently
7. Working with the new piezo focuser … this will create some programming tasks too