Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2009
Major: Course 20 - Biological Engineering
Minor: Course 7 - Biology
Minor: Course 21W - Creative Writing
Dabbling: Course 6 - Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Year of Graduation
prefer not to put on the Internet
pbaranay at mit dot edu
Have you taken or are you taking...
- 7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry) - plan on taking Spring '10
- 7.06 (Cell Biology) - plan on taking Spring '10
- 7.02 (General Biology Lab) - no
- 5.310 (General Chemistry Lab) - no
Do you have any experience culturing cells (mammalian, yeast or microbial)?
- Worked extensively with yeast during Summer '08 (Amon Lab)
Do you have any experience in molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)?
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
- Lang Lab (MIT)
- fluorescence force microscopy
- Galagan Group (Broad Institute)
- investigated tuberculosis
- Amon Lab (Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research)
- oncology, yeast
- worked extensively with yeast culture (genotyping)
- Langer Lab (MIT)
- hydrogels, vocal folds
- observed several animal surgeries
- Roder Lab (Biomechanics & Biomaterials in Orthopedics at Notre Dame)
- investigated diffusion of gold nanoparticles through bone (simulated by using procion red dye)
- Wiest Lab (Notre Dame)
- computational biology
- investigated potential HDAC inhibitors for use in anti-cancer drugs
Anything else you would like us to know?
I'm an active member of student government. I enjoy the finer things in life: motorcycles, chocolate, and great friends.