Vijaya Parthiban's Home in OWW
I completed my Ph.D. and currently working as a 'staff scientist' in Colonge University Bioinformatics Center, Germany.
Areas of Interest
- Structural bioinformatics
- Drug discovery
- Protein-Ligand docking
- Molecular modelling
- Statistical data
- Vijaya Parthiban, M. Michael Gromiha and Dietmar Schomburg. CUPSAT: Predicting Protein Stability Changes upon Point Mutations (2006) (Nucleic Acids Research, in press).
- Vijaya Parthiban, M. Michael Gromiha, Christian Hoppe and Dietmar Schomburg. Structural Analysis and Prediction of Protein Mutant Stability using Distance and Torsion Potentials: Role of Secondary Structure and Solvent Accessibility. (Proteins: Structure, Function and Bioinformatics, in press).
- Devi Mariappan, Johannes Winkler, Vijaya Parthiban, Michael Xavier Doss, Jürgen Hescheler, Agapios Sachinidis. (2006) Dietary small molecules and large-scale gene expression studies: An experimental approach for understanding their beneficial effects on the development of malignant and non-malignant proliferative diseases. (Current Medicinal Chemistry, in press).
- ISMB / ECCB 2004, Glasgow: Poster Title: Prediction of Factors Determining Changes in Thermostability in Protein Mutants.
GCB 2004, Bielefeld: Poster Title: Prediction of Factors Determining Changes in Thermostability in Protein Mutants (with improved results).
ISMB 2005, Detroit: Two posters were presented. Poster Title 1: Computational Analysis of RNA Binding Proteins Based On Composition, Sequence And Structural Information. Poster Title 2: http://www.iscbsc.org - A New Professional Web-based ISCB Student Council Framework for Computational Biology Support
ECCB 2005, Madrid: Optimisation of Atomic Interaction Models for An Effective Description Of Protein Structure Parameters.
ESF-JSPS workshop on Functional Genomics: From the Bench to Bioinformatics. Talk: ‘Structural Analysis and Prediction of Protein Mutant Stability using Distance and Torsion Potentials: Role of Secondary Structure and Solvent Accessibility’