Difference between revisions of "User:Nicholas Flores"
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 14:07, 12 February 2013
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- 1 Contact Info
- 2 Education
- 3 Research interests
- 4 Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2013
- 5 Publications
- 6 Useful links
- Nicholas Flores
- MIT 20.109
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- Year, PhD, Institute
- Year, MS, Institute
- Year, BS, Institute
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2013
Year of Graduation
Preferred OH Time
Sundays during morning/afternoon, Monday & Wednesday evenings
Potentially Relevant Background
Have you already taken MIT's BioSafety training? yes
|Have you taken/are you taking...||7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry)
|7.06 (Cell Biology)
| 5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)
|Do you have experience with...|
|Cell culture (microbial/mammalian/yeast?)||none|
|Molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)||small amount|
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
Summer 2012-Present Tannenbaum Laboratory at MIT. I am looking for a cheap cost effective way to distinguish between stages of inflammatory bowel disease which would allow for safer and more effective treatment.
Present: Tannenbaum Lab- Starting a new project that I will learn about soon
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. ISBN:0879697164