- Run DSC on all of the prepared DSC clay samples.
- Run DSC on the previously prepared PVA-Lamp microspheres.
- Prepare another dye stock solution for PVA-clay microspheres to soak it.
- Allow the PVA-clay microspheres to absorb dye.
- Remove soaking hydrogels from water and allow then to absorb dye.
- Synthesize more PVA-clay microspheres.
Dye solution preparation
- As with the preparation of the PVA-clay hydrogels, Rhodamine 6G will be used as the dye. An internal concentration of 1μM dye will be used.
- Because of the removal of all liquid from the microspheres, a 1μM stock solution will be prepared. A serial dilution will be used from the previously prepared stock solutions. After allowing the the microspheres to absorb the dye for an extended period of time, the microspheres will be rinsed with hot and cold water to remove any DMSO.
- The use of 25mL will make it so a dilution is not necessary for each microsphere dye soak. The prepared 1μM solution will be prepared in a volumetric flask that will be parafilmed and stored for subsequent use.