- Re-prepare BSA-AuNP solutions that were originally prepared on 11/19/2013 because these solutions did not form fibers
- Analyze invertase-AuNP solutions prepared on 11/19/2013 using UV/vis and AA spectroscopy.
- The general protocol for analyzing Au-NP solutions via UV/vis spectroscopy described on 11/06/2013 was followed.
Figure 1. Corrected Absorbance Spectra of Invertase Au-NP solutions
- Transfer 3mL of sample from test tubes into a 10mL falcon tube.
- Centrifuge 3mL protein-AuNP solutions for 30 minutes at 4000rpm. Be sure that the centrifuge is balanced.
- Prepare 5 standard Au solutions (10μg/mL, 20μg/mL, 30μg/mL, 40μg/mL, 50μg/mL) following protocol described on 09/10/2013.
- Run samples on AA.
Table 1. Standard Au Solution preparation from 1000μg/mL AA Au gold standard solution
||Volume of stock Au solution(mL)
||Volume Deionized water added(mL)
- All BSA solutions prepared 11/19/2013 did not form fibers. This did not coincide with all other lab groups data. It is suspected that the BSA stock solution was prepared inaccurately. New nano-particles will be prepared.
Figure 1. BSA-AuNP solutions that did not form fibers.
Figure 2. Invertase-AuNP solutions that did form fibers.