User:Modesto Redrejo Rodríguez
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Modesto Redrejo Rodriguez, PhD
- 2009, PhD, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- 2005, MS, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- 2002, BS, Universidad de Extremadura
- Molecular mechanisms of DNA repair
- Mutagenic agents
- DNA virus genome maintenance
- Redox modulation of enzyme activities
- Disulfide bonds
- Rodríguez I, Nogal ML, Redrejo-Rodríguez M, Bustos MJ, and Salas ML. The African swine fever virus virion membrane protein pE248R is required for virus infectivity and an early postentry event. J Virol. 2009 Dec;83(23):12290-300. DOI:10.1128/JVI.01333-09 |
- Redrejo-Rodríguez M, Ishchenko AA, Saparbaev MK, Salas ML, and Salas J. African swine fever virus AP endonuclease is a redox-sensitive enzyme that repairs alkylating and oxidative damage to DNA. Virology. 2009 Jul 20;390(1):102-9. DOI:10.1016/j.virol.2009.04.021 |
- Redrejo-Rodríguez M, García-Escudero R, Yáñez-Muñoz RJ, Salas ML, and Salas J. African swine fever virus protein pE296R is a DNA repair apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease required for virus growth in swine macrophages. J Virol. 2006 May;80(10):4847-57. DOI:10.1128/JVI.80.10.4847-4857.2006 |
- Rodríguez I, Redrejo-Rodríguez M, Rodríguez JM, Alejo A, Salas J, and Salas ML. African swine fever virus pB119L protein is a flavin adenine dinucleotide-linked sulfhydryl oxidase. J Virol. 2006 Apr;80(7):3157-66. DOI:10.1128/JVI.80.7.3157-3166.2006 |
My work in ASFV
No PubMed papers:
1. Modesto Redrejo-Rodriguez, Adrian Tejeda-Cano, Maria del Carmen Pinto, Pedro Macías.
Lipoxygenase inhibition by flavonoids: semiempirical study of the structure–activity relationship
Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM, Volume 674, Issues 1-3, April 2004, Pages 121-124 [Paper1]
Quote of the month about science
Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it.
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought.
Albert Szent-Györgi Hungarian/U.S. biochemist.
[Those] who have an excessive faith in their theories or in their ideas are not only poorly disposed to make
discoveries, but they also make very poor observations.
La science, mon garçon, est faite d'erreurs, mais d'erreurs qu'il est bon de commettre, car elles mènent peu à peu à la vérité.
Science is like sex: Sure, it may have practical results, but that is not the reason we do it.
Richard Feynman, 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics