User:Modesto Redrejo Rodríguez
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Modesto Redrejo Rodriguez, PhD
- Centro de Biología Molecular "Severo Ochoa" (CBM)
- Campus de la Universidad Autónoma de Madrid en Cantoblanco
- 28049 - Madrid (SPAIN)
- Email me through OpenWetWare
At the moment I work in the ASFV laboratory at CBM. I have gained my PhD working in ASFV DNA Repair and now I am in my first post-doc in the same lab. Currently we are very interested in the role in vivo of the viral BER system, specially the polβ-like DNA repair polymerase (named pol X).
Next year I will start a new post-doc in Saparbaev's lab (IGR, Villejuif), devoting my time about DNA Repair in mammalian cells.
- 2009, PhD, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- 2005, MS, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- 2002, BS, Universidad de Extremadura
- DNA Repair
- Mutagenic agents
- DNA Virus
- Disulphide bonds
- Redrejo-Rodríguez M, Ishchenko AA, Saparbaev MK, Salas ML, and Salas J. African swine fever virus AP endonuclease is a redox-sensitive enzyme that repairs alkylating and oxidative damage to DNA. Virology. 2009 Jul 20;390(1):102-9. DOI:10.1016/j.virol.2009.04.021 |
- Redrejo-Rodríguez M, García-Escudero R, Yáñez-Muñoz RJ, Salas ML, and Salas J. African swine fever virus protein pE296R is a DNA repair apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease required for virus growth in swine macrophages. J Virol. 2006 May;80(10):4847-57. DOI:10.1128/JVI.80.10.4847-4857.2006 |
- Rodríguez I, Redrejo-Rodríguez M, Rodríguez JM, Alejo A, Salas J, and Salas ML. African swine fever virus pB119L protein is a flavin adenine dinucleotide-linked sulfhydryl oxidase. J Virol. 2006 Apr;80(7):3157-66. DOI:10.1128/JVI.80.7.3157-3166.2006 |
My work in ASFV
No PubMed papers:
1. Modesto Redrejo-Rodriguez, Adrian Tejeda-Cano, Maria del Carmen Pinto, Pedro Macías. Lipoxygenase inhibition by flavonoids: semiempirical study of the structure–activity relation Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM, Volume 674, Issues 1-3, April 2004, Pages 121-124 [Paper1]
Quote of the month about science
Science is like sex: Sure, it may have practical results, but that is not the reason we do it.
Richard Feynman, 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics