- begin protein expression
- make elution and binding buffers to be used for extraction and purification of ADA
- prepare solutions of tris in Au/BSA, to be analyzed by UV/Vis to determine how various concentrations affect AuNPs in solution
- Expressing ADA
- Cultures were prepared and E. Coli with a plasmid for Adenosine Deaminase (ADA) were added and incubated overnight, by Mary Mendoza. She also prepared binding and elution buffers for extraction.
- Binding and elution buffers were prepared by Puja Mody
- Tris added to Au/BSA
- In order to determine how various concentrations of tris affect AuNPs in solution, tris was added to 70 [HAuCl4/BSA] solutions prepared last week at .05mM, .5mM, 5mM, 50mM, 100mM, 200mM, 500mM and 1M. These are to be analyzed by UV/Vis.
- The following calculations were completed to determine how much tris was needed in each solution. Puja Mody prepared the tris stock.
- 6mL Tris stock for 1M solution
- 3mL needed for 500mM solution
- 1.2mL Tris stock for 200mM solution
- .6mL Tris stock for 100mM solution
- .3mL Tris stock for 50mM solution
- .03mL Tris stock for 5mM solution
- .003mL Tris stock for .5mM solution
- .0003mL Tris stock for .05mM solution