- Matthew Todd
- School of Chemistry, Building F11, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Sydney, Australia
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Todd Lab at the University of Sydney.
The OWW group page is the place for everything.
- 2005-, Lecturer then Senior Lecturer, University of Sydney
- 2001-2005, Lecturer in Chemistry, Queen Mary, University of London
- 2000-2001, College Fellow and Lecturer, New Hall College, Cambridge University
- 1999-2000, Postdoc, University of California, Berkeley
- 1999, PhD, Organic Chemistry, Cambridge University
- 1995, MA, Natural Science, Cambridge University
- Organic synthesis and methodology
- Asymmetric Catalysis
- Chemical Biology
See the main lab list
Mat Todd obtained his PhD in organic chemistry from Cambridge University in 1999, was a Wellcome Trust postdoc at Berkeley, a college lecturer back at Cambridge, a lecturer at Queen Mary, University of London and since 2005 has been at the School of Chemistry, The University of Sydney where he is currently Senior Lecturer.
His research interests include the development of new synthetic methods, asymmetric catalysis and the interaction of coordination compounds with biomolecules. He has a growing interest in Open Science, and how it may be used to accelerate research, with particularly emphasis on open source drug discovery. He is Chair of The Synaptic Leap, a nonprofit dedicated to open biomedical research and is on the Editorial Boards of PLoS One, Chemistry Central Journal and ChemistryOpen.