Electrophoresis of the mutated DNA plasmids
- Transferred 5 μL of the mutated plasmid into a new sterilized tube; leaving out one tube containing 45 μL.
- Simultaneously, added 1 μL of the gel loading dye 6x blue into the 5 μL plasmid and added 1 μL of DpnI into the 45 μL plasmid.
- The sample containing the DpnI was placed in a VWR analog heatblock at 37°C.
- The agarose gel was prepared by dissolving 1.23 g of agarose in 35 mL of TAE buffer. The agarose was heated in a microwave for 35s.
- When the solution is clear, the agarose was poured into the gel electrophoresis tray with the comb in place.
- A wait period of 30 min. was allotted for the gel to solidify. Upon observing the gel is already in its solidified state, the comb was gently removed to avoid breakage.
- The chamber containing the gel tray was filled with TAE buffer to the point where the gel is completely submerged of the buffer.
- The plasmid with the loading dye were inserted to the wells 3 and 4 using an automatic delivery pipet.
- The Horton 5B Electrophoresis system (chamber containing the tray) was connected to the BioRad power supply powerpac 200 at 85V.
UV-Vis for Chemiluminescence
- An attempt was made to use the UV-Vis equipment for chemiluminescence by blocking the source lamp (D-2). The measuring mode was set on energy setting. The widest slid width available was 5.0 nm.
- Data collection was not possible. No signal was collected.
Preparation of Lysozyme stock