- In reference to the PCR Mutation protocol, 100 ng/μL of the primer was needed for the reaction. The weight of the primer in the provided container was 0.46 mg. A ratio of the weight over volume was equated to the required concentration of the primer:
0.46 mg = 0.46E6 ng
= of primer in water = 4600 μL of water
- There is limited space in the plastic container (1 mL). Instead of dissolving 0.46E6 ng of the primer in 4600 μL of water, the entire primer was dissolved in 1 mL water.
- Using M1V1 = M2V2, the volume taken from the solution of 0.46E6 ng in 1 mL of water was calculated to be 217.39 μL. This was transferred to a new tube and filled up with water to a total volume of 1 mL.
V1 = = 217.39 μL of the dissolved primer in water
- The procedure listed in PCR Mutation protocol was strictly followed. After the addition of all reagents, the sample was placed in the thermocycler.
Continuation of Chemiluminescence
- The luminol prepared from the previous chemiluminescence laboratory period had a pH of 7 to 8. Reviewing a journal article of