- It was decided to create a histogram for each inhibitor which includes the flavonoids and the non-nucleoside, acetylsalicylic acid analogs. Each inhibitor consisted of three trials.
- From Sigma, 500 μM Kaempferol (C15H10O6, MW 286.24 g/mol) stock solution was prepared in dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO).
- A kinetic assay run of 40 μM adenosine without inhibitors was executed through the kinetics of the UVProbe system.
- After the three trials of 40 μM adenosine, aspirin trials were conducted.
- The aspirin trials did not show inhibition. A possible conclusion for the inconsistency was that the aspirin stock solution has deteriorated.
- Kaempferol trials were started.
- After examining some of the data, it was concluded to adjust the 40 μM adenosine concentration to 25 μM. In addition, cuvettes will also contain 300 μL of DMSO.
- For the following week, a new aspiring stock solution will be prepared.
adenosine vs. aspirin
- The histogram below displays the non-inhibitory effect of aspirin.
- The data below was taken from Dhea Patel.
- To measure the mass of Kaempferol and the volume of DMSO:
- Table of volumes and concentrations:
File:Kinetics Histogram table.tiff